Subject: Prelim Minutes of 3/16/04 Teleconf

The prelim minutes are attached.

We voted to release, if successful, the outcome of the cd ballot closing
3/17 at 11:00 AM EST
for public review.

Title: Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call – May 06, 2003

Preliminary Minutes WSRM TC Conference Call – Mar 16, 2004

The meeting of the WSRM TC took place by teleconference
Tuesday, March 16 2004, from 5:30 to 6:45 PM Eastern Standard Time
(UTC - 5)

Conference call Dial-in number : Toll number (only): 1-512-225-3050 Participant code: 89772

0         Draft Agenda:

Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call

1 Roll Call

2 Minutes Discussion

2.1 Appointment of Minute Taker

2.2 Approval of previous meeting minutes –

3.  Vote for Public Review conditional on ballot closure

4 Discussions of Issues

4.1 Sunil Issues

4.2 Other issues

4 Discussion of Document Progression

Agenda approved

1         Roll Call

Attendance:

First Name

Last Name

Role

Company

Voting Level

Joseph

Chiusano

Member

Booz Allen Hamilton

1

Chris

Hipson

Member

BTplc

1

Jeff

Turpin

Member

Cyclone Commerce

1

Jacques

Durand

Member

Fujitsu

1

Kazunori

Iwasa

Secretary

Fujitsu

1

Tom

Rutt

TC Chair

Fujitsu

1

Robert

Freund

Member

Hitachi

1

Eisaku

Nishiyama

Member

Hitachi

1

Nobuyuki

Yamamoto

Member

Hitachi

1

John

Fuller

Observer

Individual

Alan

Weissberger

Member

NEC Corporation

1

Mark

Peel

Member

Novell

1

Anish

Karmarkar

Member

Oracle

1

Sunil

Kunisetty

Secretary

Oracle

1

jeff

mischkinsky

Member

Oracle

1

Pete

Wenzel

Member

SeeBeyond

1

Doug

Bunting

Secretary

Sun Microsystems

1

Tony

Graham

Member

Sun Microsystems

1

Chi-Yuen

Ng

Member

University of Hong Kong

1

 Meeting was quorate.

2         Minutes Discussion

2.1      Appointment of Minute Taker

Tom Rutt will take minutes.

The minutes will serve to record issue resolutions.

2.1      Approval of previous meeting minutes

 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/5939/MinutesWSRMTC030904.htm

Jeff Turpin  moved to accept the Mar 09 minutes  Bob F  seconded.

No opposition, 3/09  minutes are approved.

3         Vote for Public Review (subject to ballot closure)

We can declare success.  19 yes, 1 no, 1 not vote.

However the ballot does close at 11.

Motion is to initiate a 30 day public review of the outcome of the CD ballot, ending 11: am Est Mar 17.

Public review to be initated as soon as possible after the ballot close.

Bob Freund moved that we release, if ballot is successful for approval, the CD for public review.  Iwasa Seconded.

No opposition, motion passes.

4         Discussion of Issues

4.1      Sunil Issues

Sunil Comments for Discussion

Sunil Kunisetty wrote:

1.      pg 16/line 493:I don't think we should say that retries are MUST especially when we have Poll mechanism now. Sender can alternatively Poll the message

Now Line 506 -  This MUST for retry is too strong.  The sentence needs to be reworked.

Jacques: I agree that this statement is too strong.

Action: Sunil will try to come up with a better sentence.

 still exists .... same line no.

1.      pg 25/line 751: Shouldn't the MUST be changed to SHOULD in this case just as in line 743 d

Line 761 Need to reword the MUST to MAY with a better explanation.

Action:  sunil will propose a better sentence.

Client parameters:

Max retry, retry interval.

Need to carefully explain how these client side RM-agreements are related to the protocol.  How do we say the way the element is defined.  The retry interval does not have to be consistent between sends for the protocol to work.

Jacques: Should these client parameters actually be part of our specification.  We are stating ways to make best effort for resending.   The concept of regular intervals is not required.  The time for resending may depend on the dynamics of the current context.  Perhaps resend when the load is down in the system.   With polling your retry should be based on knowledge gained from the poll.

Tom: The expiry time is, perhaps, a better guard on when to stop retransmitting the un-acknowledged message, than the max retries times a fixed retry interval.

Action: Jacques will send an email to initiate discussion on the need for client rm-agreement parameters, maxRetries, and RetryInterval.

4.2      Other Issues .

Hamid’s proposal will be discussed on the email list.

Jacques would like a single container.

If they put a proposal, with justification, out on the list we can discuss.

5         Timing of WS-Reliability progression

Public review process state that members of the TC can send the comment to the list, and members that are not in TC use public list.

Doug:  I am not sure what an official public review comment is when it comes from the TC.

Members should put comments on our list.  We can discuss them as soon as them come out.

Next CD out of face to face meeting is possible.

Pete: Comments received during the review period need to be handled on a separate issues list.

Resolution of public review comments may be that it is acknowledged, but we will not do anything.

Everyone should send their comments to our list.

6         The symposium

The preliminary program was released:

9:00 am - 12:00 pm
(break at
10:30 am)
Conference Session - Messaging
The Messaging session will delve into the various approaches that have been adopted to enable reliable message exchange over unreliable transport protocols.

Presenters include:

  • Suresh Damodaran, RosettaNet/Sterling Commerce
  • Jacques Durand, Fujitsu Ltd.
  • Chris Ferris, IBM Corporation
  • Ian Jones, E-Commerce Engineer, BT Group plc.
  • Sunil Kunisetty, Oracle Corporation
  • Richard Manning, Senior Software Architect, Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Jacques will check what his role is on this panel.

Jacques moved to adjourn.  Alan seconded.

Meeting adjourned at 6:25 EST.