Subject: Re: [wsrm] Comments on CD 0.992

 Jun -

Jun Tatemura wrote:

> Sunil,
> My question was how we can compose a Response element that include
> InvalidPollRequest.
>
> First, let me make sure the following understandings on sending
> InvalidPollRequest are correct:
> - InvalidPollRequest is included in Invalid Message Format fault set.
> - It is sent by the receiver RMP within the response header element.
> - In a Response element, fault code can appear only as attributes of
> a NonSequenceReply element or a (SequenceReplies/)ReplyRange element.
>
> Then, suppose, in Example 7 (PollRequest), the groupIds in
> RefToMessageIds elements are invalid. How can we compose a Response
> element with InvalidPollRequest fault included?
>
> The only way I can come up with is following structure (i.e., using
> inquired groupIds)
> since the PollRequest message itself has no messageId (as in Figure 6):
>
> <Response ...>
> <NonSequenceReply groupId="mid://20040202.103832@oasis-open.org";
>    fault="InvalidPollRequest" />
> <NonSequenceReply groupId="mid://20040202.103811@oasis-open.org";
>    fault="InvalidPollRequest" />
> <NonSequenceReply groupId="mid://20040202.103807@oasis-open.org";
>    fault="InvalidPollRequest" />
> </Response>

> Is this correct (even though the groupIds used are invalid)?

 Correct or in SequenceReplies/ReplyRange if the Poll request has a range.

> If the above Response element is correct, then I don't know how I can
> send a fault on the following PollRequest:
>
> <PollRequest ...>
> </PollRequest>
>
> This is from examples in Table 16, i.e., "When the required RefToMessageId
> element is missing."
> Note that we don't have any groupId.
> How can we compose a Response element with fault?

  Good observation, I think we need to remove that line. But again we have the same issue
  for a regular RM request also. What if there is a Request with no MessageId element or
  a MessageId element with no groupId attribute... same issue.

 cheers,