Subject: RE: [wsrm] Input for FAQ question

Title: RE: [wsrm] Input for FAQ question

A way to approach the composability with other WS-* specs is that they
are likely to fall under these (fuzzy) categories :

(a)- "Under WS-R": Add-ons to SOAP transport like routing, addressing,
that WS-R may need to accommodate or profile.

(b)- "Supporting WS-R" specifications (policies, WSDL annotation), that support some function
assumed by WS-R but not central to its deployment:

(c)- "Complementary to WS-R" specifications (Security, transactions, Context...)
that support other business requirements requirements likely to be used in conjunction with reliability, and share message footprint.

Soap headers composability and processing model make this possible. Apparent redundancy (message ID, reply address..) should not be an issue.

Appropriate profiling and guidelines may apply.

(d)- "Over WS-R", Higher level specifications (BPEL, Choreography, CAF, ASAP...)
would use/profile reliability, not the reverse.

That may help a bit I hope. Our focus would be on (c) this time.

Jacques