Subject: Prelim minutes of WSRM TC 5/11 TC meeting

the prelim minutes are attached.

Please send any corrections to the list.

Title: Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call – May 06, 2003

Prelim Agenda of WSRM TC Conference Call –May 11, 2004

The meeting of the WSRM TC  will take place by teleconference

Tuesday, May 11, 2004, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM Eastern Standard Time

(UTC - 5)

1         Draft Agenda:

Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call

1 Roll Call

2 Minutes Discussion

2.1 Appointment of Minute Taker

2.2 Approval of previous meeting minutes –

3 Action Item Status Review

4 Discussions of unresolved editorial comments

5 Discussion of Document progression

6 Discussion of FAQ for WS-Reliability

2         Roll Call

Attendance:

First Name

Last Name

Email

Role

Company

Voting Level

Chi-Yuen

Ng

cyng@csis.hku.hk

Member

University of Hong Kong

1

Doug

Bunting

doug.bunting@Sun.com

Secretary

Sun Microsystems

1

Tony

Graham

Tony.Graham@Sun.com

Member

Sun Microsystems

1

Pete

Wenzel

pete@seebeyond.com

Member

SeeBeyond

1

Anish

Karmarkar

Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com

Member

Oracle

1

Sunil

Kunisetty

Sunil.Kunisetty@oracle.com

Secretary

Oracle

1

jeff

mischkinsky

jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com

Member

Oracle

1

Mark

Peel

mpeel@novell.com

Member

Novell

1

Junichi

Tatemura

tatemura@sv.nec-labs.com

Member

NEC Corporation

1

Alan

Weissberger

ajwdct@technologist.com

Member

NEC Corporation

1

John

Fuller

jfuller@wernervas.com

Observer

Individual

Robert

Freund

bob.freund@hitachisoftware.com

Member

Hitachi

1

Eisaku

Nishiyama

nishiy_e@itg.hitachi.co.jp

Member

Hitachi

1

Nobuyuki

Yamamoto

no_yama@bisd.hitachi.co.jp

Member

Hitachi

1

Jishnu

Mukerji

jishnu@hp.com

Member

Hewlett-Packard

1

Jacques

Durand

jdurand@us.fujitsu.com

Member

Fujitsu

1

Kazunori

Iwasa

kiwasa@jp.fujitsu.com

Secretary

Fujitsu

1

Tom

Rutt

tom@coastin.com

TC Chair

Fujitsu

1

Jeff

Turpin

jturpin@cyclonecommerce.com

Member

Cyclone Commerce

1

Joseph

Chiusano

chiusano_joseph@bah.com

Member

Booz Allen Hamilton

1

 Meeting  isquorate.

3         Minutes Discussion

3.1      Appointment of Minute Taker

Tom Rutt will take minutes.

Minutes will serve to record issue resolutions.

3.1      Approval of previous meeting minutes

The corrected minutes (correcting the statement by Sunil on composibility) for the f2f are posted at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/6672/MinutesNewOrleansF2Fb.htm

Alan moved, Joe C seconded.

No opposition, minutes approved.

The minutes of the May 4 teleconf are posted at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/6673/MinutesWSRMTC050404.htm

Need to add Jeff M to the attendance list for the May 4 telecon meeting.

Post new minutes with Jeff’s name on we will vote next week.

4         Status of Action Items

  ·  action item list from 5/4 meeting
From Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com> on
6 May 2004 16:48:06 -0000

4.1 Action editors-1  (Marc and Doug) Pending

Marc G and Doug B to updated issues list to reflect agreements in CD .992.
- open

Tom send email again on changes required.

4.2 Action 042904-1  (Tom and Iwasa) needs discussion

Action: Iwasa and Tom will provide text for the new fault code and the
reference to it in the section of text Alan cites.
Added GroupAborted error code to draft .996, however the paragraph which
was cited to add the MUST return sentence was deleted. Did not add a
sentence. Could add the following sentence somewhere:
When group processing is aborted, the Receving RMP MUST return
GroupAborted fault for all non-delivered messages which have not had an
RM reply sent.

Done
4.3 Action 042904-3  (Jacques) Pending

Jacques took an action item to propose this new subsection on special
considerations for wsdl request/response operations.

Will incorporate into next draft.

4.4 Action 042904-4  (Jacques) Pending

Jacques took action item to add appropriate text to also clarify that an
RM-Fault must be returned if the message cannot be delivered because the
requested reply pattern is not supported

leave open

4.5 Action 042904-7  (Iwasa) needs discussion

Action: Iwasa to apply all editorial changes from Tonys mail, except
for those he considers in need of discussion.
Completed on 4/30, there are a few comments that require further
discussion at May 4 TC teleconf.

   Closed, will discuss items from Tony.

1.6 Action 050404-1 (Iwasa)
Action on Iwasa to add new annex pointing at schema with the
disclaimer of precidens.

open

4.7 Action 050404-2 (Iwasa)

Action: Iwasa should check if item 7.13 is done.

4.8 Action 050404-3 (Iwasa)

open

Action iwasa needs to clarify resolution of item 10.3.

4.9 Action 050404-4 (Iwasa)

Iwasa has action item to update figures to get rid of application layer.

open

4.10 Action 050404-5 (Iwasa)

When used with soap 1.1, the soap1.1 mustUnderstand attribute MUST be
present with value equal to 1 in all RM header blocks.

When used with Soap 1.2, the soap1.2 mustUnderstand attribute MUST be
present with value equal to 1 in all RM header blocks.

Also: Version number should be in the title of the document as version 1.1.

Joe Chiusano moved to accept this change, Bob F seconded.

No discussion.

No opposition, motion passes.

Aleady been applied to schema and text.

Iwasa: action to ensure the two statements are included. Incorporate
version 1.1 in title of spec.

open.

4.11 Action 050404-6 (Iwasa and Tony G)

Action: Iwasa and Tony should work to resolve Tonys non resolved comments

Closed.

4.12 Action 050404-7 (Iwasa and Jacques)

Jacques, took action, with Iwasa, to produce a new editors draft .997
by Friday. Indicate which public review coments are resolved.

open

--

5         Discussion of Issues and editorial Comments

The following issues list includes open items which need further discussion:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/6677/PublicCommentsIsssues-051104Input.html

5.1      PC7.1 Targeting headers

·  about "next" role/actor
From Jacques Durand <JDurand@us.fujitsu.com> on
5 May 2004 19:31:28 -0000

Title: about "next" role/actor

Should we say anything about the use of "next" role/actor on RM headers?

> (Pete Wenzel) Line 98: Says "This specification addresses end-to-end reliability,

> and is not concerned with intermediaries." However, there is nothing to

> prevent someone targeting Reliability headers to "next" role/actor.

> This case should be explicitly forbidden, rather than left undefined.

The use of "next" seems inappropriate in general, as our model ignores intermediaries.

However I would not forbid this:

after all, the receiving party may have deployed several SOAP nodes to process incoming messages, the first one being supposed to handle reliability. So this may be a topology that is assumed between sender and receiver, even if an unlikely one. (E.g. we could imagine that there is a reliability contract between each pair of intermediaries.)

Proposal:

warn that reliability headers should not be targeted to SOAP intermediaries, unless it is the intent that the reliability contract  precisely ends at the first intermediary.

Jacques

Jacques: Peter Wenzel remarked that it would not make sense to target an rm header to the next role.   Peter Furniss complained about this strict restriction, especially when a soap node may be a gateway implementation.

Tom: will it be normative.

Jacques: I propose to place some text in the messaging model section regarding implementation transparency.

Tom: is this intended to be an editorial clarification.

Pete: Peter Furniss scenario of non reliable from intermediary to ultimate recipient.  I am willing to allow that situation.

Doug:  I am not entirely sure if it is reasonable to go beyond our original requirement.  I am worried about text on the document, without review by the group.  On the underlying issue, we accept as group that we allow intermediaries, but I am worried about adding.

Tom: would leaving the text as is satisfy Pete W.

Yes.

Motion to resolve issue as close with no change, seconded by Doug.

No opposition, motion passes..

5.2      PC9.2 Group Aborted Fault

·  RE: [wsrm] Number of fault messages to send after the receiver aborts ordered delivery for local reasons
From "Alan Weissberger" <ajwdct@technologist.com> on
5 May 2004 22:25:31 -0000

Jacques

I agree with your rewording below