Subject: [Fwd: Re: Can a second public review be less than 30 days]

Karl answered my question,  Public reviews have to be minimum 30 days,
for now.

--- Begin Message ---
Tom:

Under the current Process each review must be minimum 30 days. That is
likely to change with a revision being made to the Process, but for now
that's the interpretation.

-Karl

Tom Rutt wrote:

> The process states:
> "
>
> _Public Review_
>
> Before the TC can submit its Committee Draft to OASIS membership for
> review and approval as an OASIS Standard, the TC must conduct a public
> review of the work. The decision by the TC to submit the work for public
> review requires a majority vote. The review must be announced by the TC
> Administrator on the OASIS members mail list and optionally on other
> public mail lists. Review must take place for a minimum of 30 days,
> during which time no changes may be made to the document. Comments must
> be collected via the TC's archived public comment facility. The TC must
> record the comments received as well as the resolution of those comments.
>
> The TC may conduct any number of additional review cycles (i.e.
> collecting comments, making edits to the specification, sending out a
> revised version for review again, etc.) before deciding that the review
> is complete. If substantive changes are made to the specification after
> the start of the public review then the TC should conduct another review
> cycle. After the conclusion of the review and final changes to the
> document, the TC must re-approve the work as a Committee Draft before
> submitting it to OASIS.
> "
>
> While it states that the first review must be at least 30 Days, it is
> not clear whether a subsequent pubic review (say to allow reveiw of a
> large number of editorial changes due to public review comments) must
> also be 30
> days.
>
> My committee asked me to ask you if you would announce a second public
> review which would be for less than 30 days?
> (say one or two weeks).
>
> Tom Rutt
> WSRM Chair

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org

--- End Message ---