Subject: Re: [wsrm] about Request-Response MEP

I like proposal 2, it goes a long way to fix the real problems that Doug
Bunting has made us aware of.

On a tangential matter, with the duplicate elimination with response
reply pattern, I though of another set of behavours which should be allowed:

1) The receiving RMP could provide its own QOS enhancements, where it
would buffer the previous response,
and just resend that response in the case of a duplicate invocation.
Surely this is desired behaviour, and should
not be disallowed by the spec.

2) in the absence of having a response to send back for the duplicate
invocation, we could just have
the protocol allow the Receiving RMP to just not send any return message
in this case.
The Sending RMP is the one doing the resend, so if it got an ack to the
preceeding invoke it would be happy.
In the rare case where the original response was lost (say due to a
transport connection going down due to a
backHoe incident) the sending RMP state machine would eventually time
out and it could to invoke a
special (api specific) notificaiton operation to the Submitter.  This
simple solution should also be allowable behaviour.

Tom Rutt