Subject: Re: [wsrm] clarification on Respond primitive

Tom Rutt wrote:

Sunil Kunisetty wrote:

>  Before answering this question, I'll ask the same qn. I'm asking in
> the last 2 mails.
>  In what scenarios we have to send both RM faults and SOAP Faults. In
> fact,
>  in what scenarios both these faults occur?

Sunil:  the current text uses an RM fault to signal to the Sending RMP
that the message was not delivered
due to a faulure in Reliable message processing.  This is our fault
code, and can be returned with all three
reply patterns.

We are arguing whether we also need a soap fault, directed to the
procucer of the request/response exchange.

 the current text already says that both SOAP Fault and RM Fault need to be
 sent. See:

        In case of a Response RM-Reply Pattern was required, and when the message cannot
be delivered to the Consumer due to a failure in processing the RM headers, then a
SOAP Fault MUST be generated in addition to the RM-Reply that contains the RM Fault.
Because either a well-formed response or a SOAP Fault is expected on the sending
side, then the response leg of the transaction MUST contain a SOAP Fault in the SOAP
Body when no business response is available. More details are given in the HTTP
Binding section.

 As I said before, first of all, I don't see a use case that such a scenario happens.
 Even if so, we should avoid sending both as I listed the problems in of my previous
 mails in this thread.

 I believe I convinced Jacques that this is not a good idea to send both on Friday.

This is the one which several developers last week told us they want to
have, rather than an empty soap body.

Tom Rutt

>  If there are such scenarios, we could then discuss how to do it? If
> not, it becomes mutes
>  to even discuss it.
>
> -Sunil
>
> Tom Rutt wrote:
>
>> Sunil;
>>
>> are you proposing that when we send an rm fault in response reply
>> pattern, we always send an empty soap
>> body, rather than a soap fault?
>>
>> Sunil Kunisetty wrote:

>>>   I was referring to the SOAP Fault based on the *current* proposal.
>>> But that's not the main
>>>   point here. My main point is:  A*re they any cases where we need
>>> to send both RM and
>>>   SOAP Faults?*

>>> To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the
>>> roster of the OASIS TC), go to
>>> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/members/leave_workgroup.php.

> of the OASIS TC), go to
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/members/leave_workgroup.php.

Tom Rutt        email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133