Subject: Re: [wsrm] New schema elment/type decl in WSRM schema to include BareURI

Anish and Doug,

I need your help to understand the proposal.
I think I can understand it if you answer to the
following questions:

1.Are you proposing to add new elements "BareURI"
as a child element of Request/ReplyPattern/ReplyTo element
and PollRequest/ReplyTo element ?

2.What is the object for this element?
   Please review 10. below whether it is correct or not.

3.What is the value of this element?
   -> I believe URI, right?

And additional questions inline:

> Tom,
>
> Here is a proposal to address the issue raised by Doug [1] regarding the
use of URI in the addressing container.

> 1) Below is the schema element and type decl that should be added to the
schema at "ws-reliability-1.1.xsd" --

> <!-- default reference scheme -->
> <xsd:element name="BareURI" type="BareURIType">
> <xsd:simpleType name="BareURIType">
>   <xsd:restriction base="xsd:anyURI" />
> </xsd:simpleType>
>

> Additional changes needed:
> 1) Table 10, section 4.2.3.2 the value for the row 'Child element' is
incorrect. ReplyTo element requires exactly one EII {any}.

4. What is EII? Is EII the name of element?

5. Are you proposing we change the table 10 as follows?
    I believe latter.
            Table 10 ReplyTo element
        Cardinality        1
        Value                 String
        Attributes           reference-scheme
        Child element    EII (any)

    Or are you proposing this?
            Table 10 ReplyTo element
        Cardinality        1
        Value                 String
        Attributes           reference-scheme
        Child element    BareURI

> 2) Section 4.2.3.2.1, replace:
> "The Sending RMP MAY omit this attribute, when the value of the ReplyTo
element is expressed with a
> value of type URI."
> with something like:
> "The Sending RMP MUST omit this attribute, when the child element of the
ReplyTo element is wsrm:BareURI"

6.Is BareURI the name of new child element of
Request/ReplyPattern/ReplyTo element and
PollRequest/ReplyTo element ?

7. What is the relationship between EII and BareURI?

8. The proposed text is somewhat strange, since it implies
    the element of ReplyTo can be other than wsrm:BareURI.
    Do you mean the BareURI is an optional element, and
    if it is omitted, the Sending RMP MUST omit the reference-scheme
    attribute?

9. Or does BareURI element mandatory?

> 3) Section 4.3.1, replace:
> "The format or schema of the value of this element is specified by the
reference-schema attribute. If the attribute is omitted,
> the default format of ReplyTo element is URI as defined in [RFC 2396]."
> with:
> "The format or scheme of the value of this element is specified by the
reference-scheme attribute. If the attribute is omitted,
> the default scheme of ReplyTo element is wsrm:BareURI as defined in
Section XXXX"

> 4) Add a new section that defines the wsrm:BareURI element consistent with
definition of other elements in the wsrm schema (editorial). This section
should also point to Section 6 HTTP binding for an example of how things
work with a simple URI.

10.I have drafted the following text for the new section of BareURI.
--
4.2.3.2.2 Element: Request/ReplyPattern/ReplyTo/BareURI
The ReplyTo element MUST include this element. This element is

11. I don't understand what is your expectation for an example
of simple URI. Could you draft a proposed text?

> 5) There are a few places where the attribute on the ReplyTo element is
called 'reference-schema' rather than 'reference-scheme'. A quick search and
replace should fix this. (Note: this is unrelated to the issue raised by
Doug)

> 6) Table 15 needs to be modified similar to table 10 in (1) above.
>
> 7) Section 4.3.1.1 needs to be modified similar to (2) above.
>
> 8)  Section 6, the following lines need to be changed from:
> "If a ReplyTo element present in a Request element or Poll Request header
element, sent using the SOAP 1.1 protocol, contains only a URL and uses the
'http:' URL scheme, then the WS-Reliability response MUST be sent using the
HTTP binding specified in section 6 of SOAP 1.1."

> to:
>
> "If a ReplyTo element present in a Request element or Poll Request header
element, sent using the SOAP 1.1 protocol, uses the wsrm:BareURI (default)
reference scheme and uses the 'http:' URL scheme, then the WS-Reliability
response MUST be sent using the HTTP binding specified in section 6 of SOAP
1.1."

> 9) Changes to section 6 should also be made (similar to (8) above) for the
SOAP 1.2 case..

12. Do you like the following text for SOAP1.2 case?
--
"If a ReplyTo element present in a Request element or Poll Request header
element, sent using the SOAP 1.2 protocol, uses the wsrm:BareURI (default)

Thanks,

Iwasa

> 10) example 12, and example 17 need to be changed to include the 'BareURI'
element (as a child element of ReplyTo)