wsrp-comment message

Subject: [wsrp-comment] XML as returning type of getMarkup()

Hi,

I have some questions in regard to XML to "WSIA - WSRP Core Specification".

How do you handle the XML that is returned from the 'getMarkup()' Operation, assuming 'markupType' of 'MarkupParams' is
set to 'XML' ?
Is XML a valid 'markupType' in the specification at all ?
If it is right, will the corresponding DTD or XSL files referenced by the 'Extension' field of the 'EntityDescription'
structure or will a DTD or be defined in the future ?

Example:
-------------
Assumed the getMarkup() Operation returns HTML in 'MarkupResponse'.
If I want to aggregate a few tree-browser-portlets( to browse in a tree-structure ) from different Producers into the
portal server in future, maybe all portlets have different layouts. May be the layout adapted by the use of CSS,
e.g. text-color and text-font, but images, which will be used, are not changeable.
By using XML instead of HTML in this example the proxy-portlet at the consumerside have to generate the html fragments.
And so it is possible to integrate this into the portal layout.
But to do this you have to know which XML elements will be returned.
Do I have to reference the needed DTD and/or XSL in the 'Extension' structure ?

Another way would be to specify a complete tree structure in the specification.

Has this been considered ?

I hope you understand what I mean, and can help me.

Thanks,
Timo Tetzlaf