wsrp-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: talig@mercury.co.il

Name:Tali
Title:developer
Organization:Mercury Interactive
Regarding Specification:v1 & v2

Hi,

In Mercury we have a portal with WSRP support based on WSRP4J.

I got the task of making it conformant to other WSRP consumers.

I had a real bad experience, because the portals implementations were very buggy.

The most problematic area, in my view , is Ajax support.

There is no way to support Ajax, and if I understand correctly , v2 does not change it.

I think this may be a mistake, in the last year there is a rising demand for Ajax.

I know that JSF v2 will provide support for Ajax related issues - iframes.

It doesn’t seem valid that in WSRP we will be restricted to very simple portlets.

A full page refresh is problematic in case there are heavy WSRP portlets on the page.

An Ajax enhancement would make a much pleasanter user experience.

Tali