wsrp-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: lsun@slb.com

Name:Lixiang
Title:Sr Software Engineer
Organization:Schlumberger
Regarding Specification:

Hi, we are trying to adopt WSRP standard to convert some of our view components to portlets. We require that all the consumers to register themselves before they can get the service description from our server. When consumer calls getServiceDescription(), we need to know who the end user is so that we can provide offered portlets accordingly. Reading through the v 1.0 spec document, we could not find how to pass the login name of the end user in register() call and initCookie() call. We looked at the CustomUserProfile field in RegistrationData type, but the mapping does not contains something like name/userID. So how can we specifically tell consumers that they must pass end user login name when they register?

Thanks for your help