wsrp-comment message

Subject: There is no way in the spec to retrieve registration properties

    We have a couple of use-cases which require the current value of a
consumer's registration properties to be fetched by the consumer. This
is not currently possible in the WSRP 2.0 spec.

   1. During modifyRegistration present the user with a dialog box with
      registration properties in it.
         1. We would like to display the current property values, so the
            user can only change what's needed.
   2. We would like to be able to move a registration from one producer
      to another (e.g. staging to production)

We have thought of 2 ways to achieve this:

    * Add registrationProperties to the ServiceDescription type
          o Possibly add a boolean to getServiceDescription to determine
            when it is wanted
    * Add a new method to the Registration Interface to mirror the
      methods in the Portlet Management Interface
          o PropertyList getRegistrationProperties(registrationContext,
            UserContext, names)
          o Note: getRegistrationPropertyDescription(...) would not be
            needed as this information is available in the service
            description.

Thanks,

Nate

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.