wsrp-dev message

Subject: Re: [wsrp-dev] EventDescription question

Java fully qualified class names map well to QNames, so I think there is a
match. The schemaLocation and ModelTypes fields are two alternatives for
providing XML schema which the QName references. One of the side issues
this raises is the need to provide that XML schema as the party trying to
deserialize the message won't necessarily be Java-based. Fortunately there
are tools which will introspect Java classes and output such schema. I
would encourage people to use the schemaLocation concept whenever possible
as this allows standard web caching to be used.

Rich Thompson
OASIS WSRP TC Chair
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center / Hawthorne, NY

"Alexey Zavizionov" <alexey.zavizionov@gmail.com>
10/16/2007 12:15 PM

wsrp-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
"Roman Pedchenko" <roman.pedchenko@exoplatform.com.ua>, "Gennady
Azarenkov" <gazarenkov@gmail.com>
Subject
[wsrp-dev] EventDescription question

Hello,
I have found in the second portlet specification defining events
within portlet.xml descriptor as  fully-qualified-classType, but
within WSRP v2 spec I didn't find according definition.
Instead, there are type (QName), schemaLocation (anyURI) and
schemaType (ModelTypes).

Is there a inconsistency?

Thanks and regards,
Alexey

=== wsrp-2.0-spec-pr-03-highlight ==========================
        EventDescription Type
The EventDescription structure provides the information needed to
describe a Portlet's events.
EventDescription
 [R] QName            name
 [O] QName            aliases[]
 [O] QName            type
 [O] anyURI           schemaLocation
 [O] ModelTypes       schemaType
 [O] LocalizedString description
 [O] LocalizedString hint
 [O] LocalizedString label
 [O] Extension        extensions

=== PortletSpec_20_draft25 ===============================
<complexType name="event-definitionType">
  <sequence>
    <element name="description" type="portlet:descriptionType"
minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      <choice>
        <element name="qname" type="xs:QName"/>
        <element name="name" type="string"/>
      </choice>
      <element name="alias" type="xs:QName" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      <element name="value-type"
type="portlet:fully-qualified-classType" minOccurs="0"/>
    </sequence>
  <attribute name="id" type="string" use="optional"/>
</complexType>