Subject: Re: [wsrp-interfaces] Groups - Portlet Transport.htm uploaded

Michael Freedman said the following on 02/18/2004 09:27 AM:
> You are correct our solution will have to take into account large data
> sets.  Merely transferring an old registration context to a new one
> however isn't a sufficient solution.  Many of the use cases require the
> old registration to continue to run side by side with  the new
> registration as well as to only transfer only a subset of the portlets
> managed by the producer/registration.

True. But I wonder if we can optionally supply the list of
portletHandles whose registration context need to be switched.
Extracting persistent state (in human-readable format or otherwise)
seems expensive to me. As you have already documented, it also opens up
questions on security, signing, integrity checking etc. Just thinking
aloud.

Subbu