Subject: Re: [wsrp-interfaces] Groups - Consumer_Defined_Hierarchies.htm (formerlyCCPRelationships.htm) modified

Since portlets can modify properties in any mode and are not limited to
edit/config mode, can you elaborate on why it is important to
standardize a new mode called config?

Moreover, the consumer cannot assume that it can use a given mode (with
getMarkup and pbia) to edit portlet's properties.

I remember we had some long debate in the JSR168 EG, and dropped it for
lack of sufficient motivation.

Subbu