wsrp-markup message

Subject: [wsrp][wsrp-markup] FW: WSRP CSS Questions

Rich and Chris,

Here are some rather detailed questions regarding the CSS classes that a UI
engineer here forwarded to me.  I don't know whether we have answers to
some/all of these at this time, and perhaps that needs to wait for the
wsrp-markup group to reconvene?  Let me know how we should proceed, thanks.

Alan

--

Here are some questions/comments about the CSS classes for the WSRP group:

1- The 'portlet-section-header' class implies 2 mutually exclusive uses; as
the formatting for the header row of a table and as a section header. In the
case of the table header row it will be very common that the portal will
specify a background-color, but then the color would show up for the section
headers where it is not commonly desired. Is this an indented behavior?

2- The 'portlet-section-footer' class has the same problem as #1.

3- How do the classes 'portlet-form-input-field' and 'portlet-form-field'
differ?

4- What is a "context dependent action icon" as mentioned in the description
of the 'portlet-icon-label' class?

5- There is no provision in the classes for a sorted column header.

6- It is fairly common to have multiple 'special' rows within a table of
data. It would be useful to have some 'special' row color classes.

7- There are no provisions for the formatting of navigation trails within
the portlet's views.

8- The specified classes will require the portlet HTML to have many class
declarations. It would be better to use descendant classes to simplify the
HTML and reduce the file size.

9- It is very surprising that the <a> tag is not customizable via the WSRP
classes. In web applications it is very common to customize anchors so that
they do not have a 'visited' color.  It is also common to use css classes to
control the hover behavior of the links to give a more interactive
experience.

10- It would be very useful to have a reference stylesheet and sample
portlet HTML that could be used as an example for development and testing.