Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] Create Issue: profileKey scope

Yossi -

I think the intention of the profileKey was to allow the producer to use
this key as a hash value to associate user specific data with the user. It
does not need to be persisted by the producer.

Best regards
Carsten Leue

-------
Dr. Carsten Leue
Dept.8288, IBM Laboratory Böblingen , Germany
Tel.: +49-7031-16-4603, Fax: +49-7031-16-4401

|         |           "Tamari, Yossi"  |
|         |           <yossi.tamari@sap|
|         |           .com>            |
|         |           10/01/2002 03:16 |
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |       To:       gil@webcollage.com                                                                                            |
  |       cc:       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                |
  |       Subject:  [wsrp-wsia] Create Issue: profileKey scope                                                                    |
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                               |

Topic:  user info
Class:  Technical
Title:  Should profileKey be persistent?
Document Section: 4.1.2
In section 4.1.2 (page 21 in 0.7), it says:
"profileKey: A string that MAY be used as a reference to the UserProfile
and that MUST remain invariant for the duration of a Consumer's
registration"
This insinuates that the profile can be persisted at the producer, and this
is the key to that data. On the other hand there is no way to destroy this
persistence in the spec.
I don't think there was any intention to require the consumer to send a
persistent user ID to the producer. I can see why it is important in the
context of a session, but especially since a different entity is cloned for
each user, this seems unreasonable, and an invitation for abuse by producer
developers.