Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] Issue #51 - Naming scheme

OK, '_' instead of '.' is fine.

I also agree to the SSL issue.
The fact that this is reflected in the location attribute (of the service
WSDL, which belongs to the producer provider) and not in the bindings, we
should not invent anything new here.

Richard

|         |           Rich             |
|         |           Thompson/Watson/I|
|         |           BM@IBMUS         |
|         |           10/08/2002 02:03 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  Re: [wsrp-wsia] Issue #51 - Naming scheme                                                                                        |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |

I agree this modification scopes different bindings for a factor better.
Andre Kramer has also privately replied that using '.' as a delimiter leads
to some mangled names in the .Net tools, but that using '_' for the same
role doesn't.  This would lead to:

   SPEC_VERSION_FACTOR_WSDLTYPE_TYPESPECIFIC

The fact that SSL isn't indicated until one gets to the soap:address
element in the port definition is a WSDL choice. We should live with it
rather than inventing something else and then having to deal with it
getting out of sync with the soap:address specification.

                      Richard

                      Cieply/Germany/IB        To:
wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
                      M@IBMDE                  cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [wsrp-wsia]
Issue #51 - Naming scheme
                      10/08/2002 04:11

                      AM

Hi Rich,

I would choose a different order for the bindings like:
WSRP.v1.ServiceDescription.Binding.SOAP.
This seems to be more consistent with WSRP.v1.Markup.PortType.
Furthermore it is more efficient for the search.
I think one search use case could be to find _all_ ServiceDescription
bindings no matter what transport they use and then choose the one that is
compatible with the one the consumer supports.
Therefor I would propose a slightly changed scheme:

SPEC.VERSION.FACTOR.TYPE.TYPESPECIFIC

where type is PortType|Binding and type specific is SOAP, DIME, MIME,
whatever we may have...

One additional question arises for me here:
How should we reflect secure/unsecure bindings like HTTP vs. HTTPS.
The binding definition in the WSDL would remain the same for both. The only
distinction between secure/unsecure bindings is the protocol identifier in
the
location attribute of the ../wsdl/soap:address element of the port
definition.

Richard

|         |           Rich             |
|         |           Thompson/Watson/I|
|         |           BM@IBMUS         |
|         |           10/07/2002 07:20 |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  [wsrp-wsia] Issue #51 - Naming scheme

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

While this issue explicitly raised how the naming scheme should be chosen
for use when publishing to UDDI, it is important to consider the naming
scheme for the factors/bindings. Draft v0.7 uses this scheme:

          SpecIindicator '.' VersionNumber '.' FactorName '.'
(DistinguishingFactor '.') WSDLname

as in:
 WSRP.v1.Markup.PortType
 WSRP.v1.ServiceDescription.SOAP.Binding

To me this provides the scoping in the right order
(spec/version/factor/WSDLDescriptionPortion).

Proposed resolution: Accept v0.7 naming scheme