Subject: [wsrp-wsia] Issues #6 - Is groupID required?

We need to reach a decision on this ... basically everyone agrees that the
semantics in draft v0.7 need clarification for this to be useful. The 2
proposals we have had put forward are:

1) Remove groupID from the protocol as we have no specific semantics for
it.
      - It has been noted that this, combined with keeping initEnvironment
(), requires that the Producer-mediated sharing is scoped to all of the
entities it exposes.

2) Add entity metadata for "preferredGroupID" - Allows Producers to expose
the effect of their data sharing policies.
    Add semantics to groupID that it specifies Consumer-level scoping on
the Producer-mediated data sharing. This allows the Producer to define
finer levels of data-sharing scopes, but does not allow those to cross the
Consumer-specified scoping. This would be added as a MUST restriction on
the Producer.

I have tried to represent these proposals objectively (sorry if I failed to
do so). In order to reach a decision, we need explicit pro/con statements
for these proposals and I would ask their proponents to post them ASAP.