Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] Issue #23: Adding clientParameters to getMarkup

If I understand the proposal correctly clientParameters in MarkupParms carries three forms of data: a)
non-navigational state parameters the producer encoded in the URL via the clientParameters token. b)
client request header values such as device info/user agent/etc. the consumer chooses to pass through to
the producer c) consumer specific request values the consumer chooses to add to qualify this request.  I
believe that the information from (a) shouldn't be mixed with (b) and (c).  A simple argument is neither
the consumer nor the producer should have to worry about avoiding naming collisions in this field.  If
the field only carries (b) and (c) then it only carries information controlled by the consumer.  The
name collision issue is avoided.  Another argument focuses on the use of the data.  Presumably the
producer data (a) is request data.  Generally, the client/consumer parameters (b) and (c) provide
meta-data about the request.  Http separates these (headers/body or query string), we should as well.
So sticking with the mechanism as its defined I would suggest MarkupParms receive 3 fields [make up
names you like]: navigationalState, requestParameters, and requestMetadata.  The first corresponds to
the navigationalState carried in the request.  The second corresponds to all the other request
parameters that are part of the request but not marked as navigational state and the last corresponds to
the client requestHeaders/consumer added state.
     -Mike-