Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [I#116] Previous window mode/state semantics

Please delete this issue ... these are exactly the questions being debated
relative to #24.

                      Gil Tayar
                      <Gil.Tayar@webcol        To:       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
                      lage.com>                cc:
                                               Subject:  [wsrp-wsia] [I#116] Previous window mode/state
                      10/17/2002 04:42          semantics
                      AM

Date Added: 17-Oct-2002
What does previousMode mean exactly?  If for example the user last logged
in a week ago, is the portal expected to remember the modes of every
entity?  Is the mode tracking keyed on a portal/portlet/entity basis (and
thus shared among many users), a portal/portlet/entity/user basis (and thus
shared among one user's several sessions) or on a
portal/portlet/entity/user/session basis?  In my mind, this argument seems
like unnecessary complexity without a clear use case.
1. What is the use case of needing the previous mode?
2. What is the value of previousMode when there has not been a mode
change since the last rendering?
3. What is the value of previousMode when the user hits the portal the
first time?
4. Same 3 questions for windowState
What do we loose if we do not indicate previous* and let the portlet
(producer) store it if it needs it?