Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [I#102] What is the difference between EDIT and CONFIGmode?

I agree that without inheritance between a clone and the entity it was
cloned from, the value of a distinct CONFIG mode drops significantly. Can
anyone propose a use that isn't equivalent to Edit mode with the
producerRole set to 'Administrator'?

                      Gil Tayar
                      <Gil.Tayar@webcol        To:       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
                      lage.com>                cc:
                                               Subject:  [wsrp-wsia] [I#102] What is the difference between EDIT
                      10/07/2002 01:11          and CONFIG mode?
                      AM

Topic:  Interface
Class:  Technical
Title:  What is the difference between EDIT and CONFIG mode?
Document Section: 7.6
In the supported entity modes we defined, two of the modes, entity and
config, seem to have no semantic difference.
The spec seems to imply that in edit mode changes are made by the user for
the user, while in config mode changes are made by the admin for ???
However, since a new entity is cloned for each user, and since we do not
support inheritance between the entity, I fail to see the situation when an
admin will see another user's entity, press the config button, and update
the settings for this user. What's more, since usually these config changes
need to be applied for all users, the admin would then have to repeat this
UI operation for all the users.
It seems our spec is either missing definition of cross user (and
sub-entity) properties and their semantics, or this mode is no longer
needed
(Or at least something needs to be written explaining how it should be
used).