Subject: [wsrp-wsia]=?utf-8?B?UkU6IFt3c3JwLXdzaWFdW0kjMTA2XSBQcm9wb3NlZCByZXNvbHV0?==?utf-8?B?aW9uOiBVbmlxdWVuZXNzIG9mIEVudGl0eSBIYW5kbGVz?=

relationship).

Gil

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Mon, October 28, 2002 20:45
To: wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia][I#106] Proposed resolution: Uniqueness of
Entity Handles

I think I see our disconnect. My understanding is that for this handle to
have _any_ value, a relationship was initiated through either an in-band or
out-of- band process. We call that process registration in either case and
therefore I find minimal value in renaming the handle.

Will there be services offered where this handle is always null? I think
so, basically this is a class of services offered for the purpose of
gaining mindshare with the End-User. Any little thing that lowers the
barrier to use by the Consumer increases the likelihood of being viewed by
End-Users.

Would such a service ever offer the EntityManagement interface? Why not?
This would be a means of letting (but not requiring) the Consumer (as the
gateway to the End-User) customize the settings of the service in a manner
the Consumer chooses.

                      Gil Tayar

                      <Gil.Tayar@webcol        To:       Rich
Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS,
                      lage.com>
wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
                                               cc:

                      10/28/2002 01:08         Subject:  RE:
[wsrp-wsia][I#106] Proposed resolution: Uniqueness of
                      PM                        Entity Handles

Rich,

There is no contradiction. The contradiction is in the name
"registrationHandle" which is a handle which _must_ exist without

Let's look at it from the Entity Management interface POV. Somwehere buried
in that interface is the "registrationHandle". Now this handle _must_ have
meaning _without_ any need for a registration, so in essence it can't be
called "registrationHandle". That is why I proposed renaming it.

Renaming it will do the job. The question is to what?

I agree that "consumerHandle" is confusing for the reasons you pointed out.
How about "relationshipHandle"?

"relationshipHandle" works terminology-wise: "a registration creates a
relationship"; and: "the scope of every handle is the scope of the
relationship, whether determined out of band or in-band".

Gil