Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] Question: what does an empty role list mean in anEntity description

I would take it to mean that if there is any access control in use for
accessing the entity, it is not role based. This would argue for it mapping
to all roles. Also, if the semantics were defined to be no access, why
would the entity be in the list of accessible entities?
I will look to add words to this effect.

                      Michael Freedman
                      <Michael.Freedman@        To:       wsrp-wsia <wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org>
                      oracle.com>               cc:
                                                Subject:  [wsrp-wsia] Question: what does an empty role list mean
                      11/21/2002 02:41           in an Entity description
                      PM

Following up on today's discussion/decision concerning removing
UserContext from getServiceDescription(): This morning we said that a
consumer can determine if a user has access to an entity if the user is
in one of the roles declared in the entity's meta data description.  If
the role list is emtpty/null, what does this mean?  Does it mean that
everyone has access to this?  Or does it mean that no one has access to
this?  I presume/prefer the former but need clarification.
    -Mike-