Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [I#155] Rename 'FAULT' entityStateChange flag

I have been mulling this, but haven't worked all the way through the idea
formulating in my head around this issue. I'll toss it out anyway for other
people to consider. :}

I think the semantics of where we have arrived might be better served if
the variable was named "entityState" and it had enumerated values of
"ReadOnly", "ReadWrite" and "Clone" (or "CloneOnWrite").

                      Gil Tayar
                      <Gil.Tayar@webcol        To:       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
                      lage.com>                cc:
                      11/24/2002 06:48
                      AM

Issue: 155
Date Added: 24-Nov-2002
Document Section:   v8.5/5.3.3
With the reworked semantics of the entityStateChange flag 'FAULT' no longer
seems an appropriate name.  Read-only might be a better name -- or
something else.  This is because it seems to direct the producer to not
allow writing but doesn't define any semantics for the consumer to follow
up if the producer really wanted to do the write.

Gil Tayar
WebCollage