Subject: [wsrp-wsia] [I#183] markup charset different or the same as the XMLresponse charset?

Issue: 183
Date Added: 9-Jan-1900
Document Section:
It is not clear from the spec whether the charset of the markup can be different from the XML response charset. I think that in the F2F we decided that it should be the same, but opinions vary. If they are the same, then the spec should be altered somewhat. If they can be different, what does it mean? How can I return a UTF-16 character set markup inside a SHIFT_JIS response? Is there any meaning at all for this?