Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#164] Proposed Resolution: An entity MAY suppor thelp and edit modes

I'm glad it does not look like we are going to need to vote on
whether to mandate UI personalization. It is premature in the extreme
and while the industry is certain to throw up myriads of samples
overnight, the fact is that until we see what the likely shakeout for
widespread single-sign-on security for individual identity
authentication, authorization and certification will be, it doesn't
make sense.

Also there is already an OASIS UIML TC getting underway, and HumanML
will be offering a standard vocabulary that will be useful in this
area as well. HumanML will also harmonize standard vocabularies for
names, addresses, medical history, employment, education and other
more or less automaticially update-able if not updated, individual
histories across such areas as Customer Information Quality, HR-XML
and public safety/law enforcement as well as personalization
preferences profiles authorized by and authenticated by individuals,
beyond the basics of standard security authentications for simple
identity.

This will set the stage for software applications capable of adapting
to personalization profiles, and continuing to learn the licensed
user for the life of the product.

Ah, there's nothing quite like the smell of unbridled speculation
first thing in the morning!

Ciao,
Rex