Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] Creating an issue - RuntimeContext

Rich Thompson wrote:
> This text in the draft has been modified based on recent decisions to:
>
> entityInstanceKey: A unique, opaque string the Consumer MAY supply as a
> reference to this use of the entity. This reference MAY be used by the
> entity to properly separate data for multiple instances of the entity
> within any Producer-defined data sharing mechanisms. Since this reference
> may be used as such a key, its length MUST be less than 256 bytes and
> Consumers SHOULD keep it as short as possible.

Even when the consumer supplied an entityInstanceKey, I'm unclear of how
the producer can use it to uniquely associate data with an entity. What
happens if two consumers supply the same entityInstanceKey (say, for
producers not supporting registration)?

> There has also been a suggestion to add a note that a Producer could use
> this as a reference in place of generating a sessionID and that such a use
> will likely have a positive impact on the Consumer's performance.

If I'm not mistaken, the same question applies here as well.

Regards,

Subbu