Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#187] How does POST data reach the Producer

Oh. I missed that. In that case - I agree!

Gil

P.S. I was just indicating that in the servlet API,
request.getParameterNames() will return a union of all form parameters _and_
query parameters, without the ability to distinguish between the two. Of
course, one can always find ways around it - but what I pointed out that in
practice it is easier/more natural to forward the binary data than to pass
the form parameters.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Kramer [mailto:andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com]
Sent: Wed, December 18, 2002 11:23
To: wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org

The scheme I proposed can allow a consumer to forward the binary data as one
UploadContext (with the input attribute set to 'true') just as you suggest.
The producer must then parse it. In this case, there would be no
formParameters elements.

However, if the consumer has done the work, then it can pass form parameters
or input files in a structured manner, saving the producer from having to
re-process binary mime types (which it may not even understand).

regards,
Andre

PS. I don't understand how the consumer can fail to tell query parameters
from Form parameters. The query strings must come first and can be
namespaced or terminated by a marker or the raw URL can be consulted?