Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#201] performBlockingInteraction/performInteraction

Suggest performSynchronizedAction instead of performConcurrentAction. In
Java terms, the consumer needs to sychronize on an object that represents
the producer on the consumer side whenever it  encounters a
performSychronizedAction  so that the operation can invoked in a
single-threaded mode.

regards,
Ravi Konuru
eBusiness Tools and Frameworks, IBM Research
office: 914-784-7180, tieline 8-863-7180; fax -3804

                      Eilon Reshef
                      <eilon.reshef@webc        To:       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
                      ollage.com>               cc:
                      12/18/2002 11:51
                      AM

I second that. PerformBlockingX is a misnomer, since the operation itself
doesn't block - rather we expect that the Consumer would block, but that's
also not true as it may request portlets from other Producers in parallel.
Hence, blocking doesn't seem like the right idiom in our concurrent
environment.

I think performInteraction and performConcurrentInteraction make much more
sense (though I do think that interaction is better than action, as action
implies some high-level (framework-oriented) concept which we don't
necessarily provide or promote explicitly).