Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#165] The Consumer should not strip the namespa ceprefix from f orm parameters

Carsten - if I'm not mistaken, the form name does not pass in the POST data.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Leue [mailto:CLEUE@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Thu, December 19, 2002 10:32
To: 'wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#165] The Consumer should not strip the
namespa ce prefix from f orm parameters

Hi Gil.

I think that you are right, encoding of the parameter names in a form is
not necessary. However we will need to namespace the form name. The
paragraph on stripping the namespace from that name when making a WSRP call
still holds true.

Best regards
Carsten Leue

-------
Dr. Carsten Leue
Dept.8288, IBM Laboratory Böblingen , Germany
Tel.: +49-7031-16-4603, Fax: +49-7031-16-4401

             Gil Tayar
             <Gil.Tayar@webcol
             lage.com>                                                  To
                                       "'wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org'"
             12/17/2002 01:55          <wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org>

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#165] The
                                       Consumer should not strip the
                                       namespa     ce prefix from f  orm
                                       parameters

Another point to note is that HTML/XHTML does not require uniqueness of
form control names across the HTML. This is because the deciding attribute
for form controls is "name", which does not have to be unique, and not
"id", which does (see
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.2). Thus, Producers
doesn't need to prefix anything to form names, and thus it is pointless for
the Consumer to strip namespaces. We should also stress this fact in the
spec.

Gil