Subject: [wsrp-wsia] Minutes for 19 December 2002 Meeting

***** Apologies for this being so late **********
I left for my parents right after the meeting and did not get back until 31
December.
Due to requests from my family it was a computer-free holiday.

Meeting started at 11:05am EST

WSRP Members in Attendance:
Abdelnur, Alejandro	Sun		No
Aickin, Sasha		Plumtree	Yes
Atkinson, Olin		Novell	Yes
Blich, Amir			SAP		Yes
Braun, Chris		Novell	Yes
Brooks, Rex			Starbourne	Yes
Clegg, Dave			Sybase	Yes
Cox, T. J.			Novell	Yes
Cox, William		BEA		Yes
Dirking, Brian		Stellent	No
Drye, Stephen		Art Technology	No
Dynin, Jane			Plumtree	Yes
Filicetti, Gino		Bowstreet	No
Freedman, Michael		Oracle	No
Jacob, Richard		IBM		Yes
Klein, Jon			Reeds-Elsivier	Yes
Kramer, Andre		Citrix	Yes
Kropp, Alan			Vignette	Yes
Leue, Carsten		IBM		Yes
Martin, Monica		Drake Certivo	Yes
Mitsuoka, Madoka		Fujitsu	Yes
Nolan, Adam			Reed-Elsivier	Yes
Palas, Petr			Moravia IT	No
Pugsley, Ken		Peoplesoft	No
Ramesh, Raj			CommerceOne	No
Randhawa, Sunit		Fujitsu	Yes
Ratcliff, Nigel		Factiva	Yes
Reshef, Eilon		WebCollage	No
Rudnicki, Joe		U.S. Navy	Yes
Schaeck, Thomas		IBM		Yes
Shumaker, Gennady		SAP		Yes
Smith, Steven		Capitol College	Yes
Stanko, Joseph		Plumtree	Yes
Tayar, Gil			WebCollage	Yes
Thompson, Rich		IBM		Yes
Tamari, Yossi		SAP Portals	Yes
van Lydegraf, Eric	Kinzan	Yes
Wiecha, Charles		IBM		Yes
Young, Michael		Plumtree	Yes

Prospective Memebers:
Allamaraju, Subbu		BEA		Yes
Machak, Dan			Tibco		Yes

WSIA (not WSRP) Members Attending: 4 (sorry, didn't catch the names)

27 of 40 members attending.

Correction to Minutes of 12 December 2002
     - Item #154, remove "(matches JSR168)".  We will re-open this issue to
synchronize with JSR 168.
Mintues of 12 December accepted with correction.

#154 Discussion
  - We will synchronize with JSR168
  - Gil will produce 3 versions for the Primer (such as configuredPortlet).
Will not change API names.

#186 Tokens for default template
 - No objections

#171 Move examples
  - Expand "typical process flow" section
  - No objections

#172 Remove "interaction lifecycle states"
  - no objections

#173 Summary not yet added
  - Rich will post

#179 Sematics for requestParameter - how does that work with POST?
Discussion highlights
  - Form parameters are passed by:
     (1) Binary upload
     (2) Form parameter field
     (3) Merged into request parameter
  - Need to strengthen language.  GET uses requestParameter for stuff that
could not go into NavState.
  - New issue for PUT.
  - Form parameters vs query parameters
  - Security breach not different from multi-hop.
  - Is it too complex to have two options?  Producer has to be ready for
all allowable options.
  - Does post data belong to Producer or Consumer?
  - .Net is different from JSR168 on this issue.
  - Carsten will send out an email about position.  He will also talk with
JSR168.
  - We will continue the discussion at 2 January 2003 meeting

#177 Change "should" to "may" for locale and end user settings
  - no objections

#180 <BASE> tag should be with "other tags"
  - no objections

#184 Can performInteraction return new navigationalState?
  - Dan Machak will report back from JSR168
  - Deferred to 2 January 2003 meeting

#178 Consumer should not use a mode not specified in metadata
  - Resolved: Change "must" to "must not"
  - no objections

#174 Roles: Change "must" to "must not"
  - no objections

#176 Change "must" to "should" so Producer allows return of all locales.
  - Network implications need to be addressed
  - no objections

  - We will address this 2 January 2003 with issue #179

#170 Scope of Producer
  - We will discuss this on 2 January 2003

Meeting ended 12:36pm EST