Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#196] Consumer can not force consumer rewriting tobe used for URLs

Hi Eilon.

Can you detail on this. I think I do not understand why the approach to
provide ANY tempalte (including the one that results in consumer rewriting)
should not work for the javascript code. That would worry me.

Best regards
Carsten Leue

-------
Dr. Carsten Leue
Dept.8288, IBM Laboratory Böblingen , Germany
Tel.: +49-7031-16-4603, Fax: +49-7031-16-4401

             Eilon Reshef
             <eilon.reshef@web
             collage.com>                                               To
                                       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
             01/07/2003 07:59                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#196] Consumer
                                       can not force consumer rewriting to
                                       be used for URLs

This could be a great way to test WSRP initially. To the best of my
understanding, though, such a technique would not necessarily be applicable
to real-life situations. For example, if a Producer has JavaScript that
executes document.location.href = url; and the Producer takes care to
create a proper JavaScript (which takes into account the provided
templates), then providing the Producer with a dummy template is not
guaranteed to work. (I.e., we rightfully don't demand Producers to support
this hack ;-)