Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#187] How does POST data reach the Producer

Gil - what I meant is that the portal server that dispatches a request to a
portlet needs to hide request information from the portlets this
information is not directed to. To do this the portal might need to access
the parameters, rendering the input stream inaccessible for the portlet
itself.
The example I tried to make was:
the portal server receives a post request that is dedicated to a single
portlet. In order to fulfill this request it needs to pass the request as
an action to the dedicated portlet but also render all other portlet on the
page to aggregate the full page. The portal might choose to implement each
portlet as a servlet, so it needs to invoke the request dispatcher to
render each portlet. As an input this required a servlet request object. It
makes sense to reuse the "global" request object for this purpose - with
the exception that the post parameters need to be hidden from the portlets
that are not target of the post request.

Does that make sense to you?

Best regards
Carsten Leue

-------
Dr. Carsten Leue
Dept.8288, IBM Laboratory Böblingen , Germany
Tel.: +49-7031-16-4603, Fax: +49-7031-16-4401

             Gil Tayar
             <Gil.Tayar@webcol
             lage.com>                                                  To
                                       wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
             01/08/2003 10:53                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsrp-wsia] [I#187] How does
                                       POST data reach the Producer

Carsten - could you elaborate, in WSRP terms why the Consumer "Without
special handling,
all portlets could do so". From what I understand from the spec, a Portlet
on the page can only access information the Portal chooses to send to it.

Gil