Subject: [wsrp-wsia] v0.90, comments and questions

Hi everybody, Ive made it back.

First of all, great job with v0.90. The flow of the specification is
very easy to follow, concepts are explained in a very clear and simple way.

Following some comments and feedback on it. Some of my comments may have
been already addressed (I did not have time to catch up with all the
email discussions yet).

Alejandro

<COMMENT#>- P<PAGE#>/L<LINES#>

1- P10/L3
Consumer Configured Portlet it seems a misleading name, I would
suggest something denoting that are consumer created entities instead.

2- P10/L19-23
Should we add something like Although this does not imply that the
portlet should not validate the End-User input.

3- P14/L27
Instead this functionality I would explicitly mention bookmarking
functionality. At first it gave me the impression it was referring to
navigational state.

4- P16/L29-P17/L9
It appears to me that these two sections are about the same thing.
Wouldnt make sense to merge them in one section

5- P20/L1-3
I need somebody to refresh my memory. When did we agree on 255 as a
maximum handle length?

6- P20/L38-P21/L19
Where and what for are we using Resource and ResourceList types?

7- P22/L1
MarkupType name for this type is misleading.

8- P22/L19
The portlet description should a ModelDescription element, shouldnt it?

9- P23/L27-42
If the userContext or the templates are stored in the session and the
change within the span of a session, they should be resent, right? If
so, we should clarify so.

10- P24/L19-23
Is this section saying that the value is always and array, and it could
be of generic objects or just string? I assume so, but it is not clear
to me.

11- P25/L24
ModelDescription does not convey the meaning of this type, I would
suggest something like PropertiesDescription.

12- P27/L27
What is the purpose of the RegistrationState ?

13- P36/L4-11
What kind of escaping?

14- P36/L12-16
What is the purpose of markupBinary ?

15- P38/L10-15/L29-30
SessionContext, portletContext and markupContext elements are missing
from the UpdateResponse IDL description.

16- P40/L15
What is the behavior en the cache has expired, the consumer sends the
validateTag to the producer and the producer says its OK? Is a new
expiration sent with the response? It should, right?

17- P40/L26-33
In the case of a allUsers cache, the expiration mechanism is not
clear. It says that if the MarkupParameter change the cache must be
invalidated. Which one? How different locales are handled? Different
markups?, etc ?

18- P42
Not that I fully agree with this (email to follow), but if this is the
behavior we should explicitly mention that properties cannot be changed
in the getMarkup call. I know that because of the method signature it is
not possible, but as a clarification to the reader.

19- P44/L1-15

I dont agree with the recommendation on not swapping from non-secure to
secure and vice versa. There are app servers and web servers that
support this. The Servlet spec allows implementations to support this.
Also, if we do not recommend this swapping, why do we provide the secure
url-templates when we are insecure and vice versa?

20- P48/L17-19
How is solo different from maximized? I mea, practically, what would the
consumer or producer do differently?

21- P49/L16-17
What does it mean the last sentence?

22- P49/L22-31
I think I understood the reason behind changing roles for user
categories, not to imply a security related classification. But
Administrator and User, they are security related classification.

23- P49/L32-24
How is different from a request with no user categories when both
consumer and producer support them? I thing the Guest user category is
redundant.

24- P60/L25-42
Could we change the wsrp-urlType syntax so it is name=value as all the
other parameters? This would allow implementations that handle the type
as a parameter not to have to parse the parameter string.

25- P65/L7-23
What is the purpose of the interaction parameters being generic to a
producer? I dont get it.