Subject: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #37] Secure communication support

Document: Spec
Section: 5.1.10
Page/Line: 23/20
Requestedby: Michael Freedman
Old text:
Proposed text:
Issue: Our description/support for secure communication seems weak. In
many places we tie together into a single boolean secure comunication
between the client and consumer as well as secure communication between
the consumer and the producer.  Why do we do this?  Do we really allow a
Producer to offer both secure and non-secure ports at the same time?  What
is this use case for this? If so shouldn't GetServiceDescription return a
boolean field indicating which should be used?  Or are we expecting the
register call to throw a fault indicating secure access is required?  I.e.
if we believe there is a use case for supporting both ports and
transitioning between them [in a manner that is tied to the client]I think
I understand this field but then aren't we missing a simple way to
indicate all communication between the consumer and producer should be
secure regardless of the communication between the client and the
consumer?