Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #137] Producer supported window states and modes?

From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 12 February 2003 16:35
To: wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #137] Producer supported window
states and modes?

Document: Spec
Section:  5.1.?
Page/Line: ??
Requested by: Mike Freedman (JSR 168)
Old text:
New text:
Reasoning: Should we support describable producer window states and modes?
 Currently, the PortletDescription allows us to return an array of window
states and modes as strings [names].  Some of these are allowed to be
producer "named" items which we presumably expect a consumer might want to
allow an administrator to map to its set of extended window states/modes
items.  If so don't we need to support like usercategories?  I.e. have a
way for a producer to publish the windows states/mode names/descriptions
in a localized form -- as well as the ability to reference this in a
string array by name? Note: JSR 168 allows for this by supporting
localizable descriptions of these extended window states and modes.