Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #166] Add UserProfile.profileItems?

I also agree that this is why the extensions element exists in all these
structures and don't see a need for a second element with undefined
content.

Rich Thompson

Andre Kramer <andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com>
02/21/2003 04:30 AM

        To:     wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #166] Add
UserProfile.profileItem s?

Extensions are vendor specific (problems in interpreting the ANY you
mention). We should be able to have custom profile data mapped through to
producer/container to a portlet cross vendor. JSR 168 has extensible
string
User Attributes and we are currently managing to avoiding use of undefined
extensions.

regards,
Andre