Subject: Re: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #206] Values for extensible items suchas modes

The interaction that I understand the spec to lay out for areas such as
modes is:

 1. Portlets can specify what modes are supported prior to registration,
though I suspect many implementations will restrict access to such
information until after registration.
 2. Consumer tells Producer what modes it uses for its aggregated pages.
 3. After registration, PortletDescription specifies what std + Consumer +
custom modes the portlet understands.
 4. There is a conformance statement in 6.1.9 that requires Consumers to
use one of the modes from #3 for perform*Interaction & getMarkup.

What is missing from this set that this change request is trying to add?

Rich Thompson

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
03/04/2003 10:50 AM