Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #223] Supporting cloning requiressupporting releasePortlet

In that case, we should consider moving releasePortlet to the (required)
markup factor? I would still like to have properties and clone optional for
1.0.

Should we also state whether a consumer releasing an offered portlet (one
that has not been cloned) MUST be a null op or MUST throw a fault? I would
prefer a null op as the consumer can always start using the portlet again.

regards,
Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 05 March 2003 21:08
To: wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #223] Supporting cloning requires
supporting releasePortlet

Document: Spec
Section: 8
Page/Line: 49/40
Requested by: Rich Thompson
Old text: Any Producer that supports cloning portlets on
performBlockingInteraction() or performInteraction() invocations SHOULD
support the releasePortlet() operation.

New text: Any Producer that supports cloning portlets on
performBlockingInteraction() or performInteraction() invocations MUST
support the releasePortlet() operation.

Reasoning: Why wouldn't this be a MUST?