Subject: RE: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #213] Require modes,windowstates & userAuthentication are URIs

Rich,

It seems to me that to avoid name clashing, we need in addition to specify a
set of rules regarding the structure of URIs, otherwise the producer can use
URIs such as mode://foo, etc. (which I believe is a valid URI, although I'm
not sure about it) and certainly http://www.ibm.com/foo (given that IBM is a
company with only three letters ;-).

So, we may want to at least suggest that one needs to use their company's
domain name, etc.

My two cents,

Eilon

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Thompson [mailto:richt2@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 19:07
To: wsrp-wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsrp-wsia] [change request #213] Require modes, windowstates &
userAuthentication are URIs

Document: Spec
Section: 6.1.9
Page/Line: 31/20
Requested by: Rich Thompson
Old text: It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that custom  modes, windowStates, and
userAuthentication values be URI's or prefixed in a manner designed to
reduce name clashes with any values that may be defined by future versions
of this specification.

New text: Custom  modes, windowStates, and userAuthentication values MUST be
URI's in order to reduce name clashes with any values that may be defined by
other parties or future versions of this specification.

Reasoning: I don't see any reason to not strengthen this as a requirement.
Being optional almost guarantees name clashes down the road.