Dear members,

as you already might have heard the new kavi system on OASIS will be
launched soon.
The OASIS TC chairs and secretaries worked together to set up the new
plattform.
The way the system is set up is the following:
There is one TC member roster which gives people access to documents and
the wsrp mailinglist. This is the official entry point to wsrp
documents/mailing list, etc.
For each subgroup we have set up a subcommitee with the appropriate mailing
lists, rosters and chairs. Each subgroup has its own roster (that's how
things work within kavi).

Currently the wsrp-wsia mailinglist is setup as the WSRP/WSIA subcommittee
mailing list.
This however brings us organisational overhead as we have to maintain the
WSRP TC roster and the WSRP/WSIA SC roster.
Generally both rosters are/should be in synch as all TC members are also SC
members and post to the wsrp-wsia mailinglist.
WSIA members are are set up as non-voting WSRP TC members and therefor have
access here also.
The wsrp list which is considered our official WSRP TC mailing is never
used, however.

Is there any argument why we use the wsrp-wsia list instead of the wsrp
list except of the "political statement" that this is a joint effort? (And
I understand the importance of this statement, but meanwhile it should be
clear that this is a joint spec). Why do we have both lists? I think this
has historical reasons only.

To reduce administrative overhead I would like to propose the following:
- use the wsrp mailing list as the official TC mailing list, post messages
concerning the spec to this list.
- do not use wsrp-wsia any more for the spec postings
- use the wsrp-wsia SC for "real" WSRP/WSIA joint interfaces SC topics
which might come up in future, or drop the subcommittee.

This would also make it clearer for people where to subscribe.
BTW checking the subscriptions for both lists in turns out that there are
about 140 people subscribed to the wsrp list, while ~80 people are
subscribed to the wsrp-wsia list.
I would assume that people subscribed to wsrp-wsia are also subscribed to
wsrp.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob