Subject: RE: [wsrp][pfbm] -- Getting started

I was just trying to find a way so that the model works the same in both an
intranet where the corporation maintains its own uddi registries, and where
it potentially exposes some of its services to external ones.

-----Original Message-----
From: bill parducci [mailto:bill@parducci.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 9:12 PM
To: jbroberg@silverstream.com
Cc: Thomas Schaeck; wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org

i *think* that it can be set in some implementations (UDDI4J -- doubt
ibm/ms/hp/et al would let you request a key :o) therefore, i suppose the
process would be to have a key generated by a UDDI source and feed it to
the internal PDDI for the service.

not sure what this solves though. your client will still have to have a
UDDI server defined (i don't believe that there is the concept of lookup
hierarchy in UDDI: search X, if you don't find, search Y). my gut
feeling is that most corporations that are willing to implement a PDDI
solution are not likely going to want to register internal services in a
public forum.