Subject: [wsrp][security] agenda for 5/8 telecon

Based on discussion from last week, I've started to compile a list of
possible requirements categorized according to our focus areas.  I've also
added Access Control as a focus area since it seemed from our last telecon
that we may have some requirements to support in that arena.

I'd like to use this meeting to walk through this list, get feedback on
whether this is a reasonable way to articulate security requirements,  and
add any new requirements identified during the discussion.  Sorry for the
late message and missing minutes from last week; my work schedule has kept
me from putting in cycles on this.

Logistics:
 Time:  Wednesday, 5/8;  8:00 a.m. PST(11:00 a.m. EST, 5:00 p.m. CET)
 U.S. Phone:   877.450.3529
 International phone:  +1.706.679.6653
 Conference Code: 4254672722

Trust relationship between portal and portlet:
	1.	should be possible to use a secure transport for
portal/portlet communication
	2.	should be means for portlet to authenticate the portal when
a service request is made
			-	authentication could be protocol-based(i.e.
http/basic, ssl/certificate)
			-	auth could be document-based(i.e. digitally
signed)
	3.	should  be a means of describing in the portlet's metadata
whether a secure transport is required and what the authentication method is
	4.	should be a key exchange mechanism for signed documents

End user identity and personal data-related:
	1.	Portlet should be able to require that the portal
authenticate the end user
	2.	It should be possible for the portlet  to describe the level
of end-user authentication required
	3.	It should be possible for the portal to communicate how it
authenticated the end user to the portlet
	4.	It should be possible to for the portal to pass
end-user-related credentials in a secure manner to the portlet in a service
request
	5.	The portlet should have a means of describing in it's
metadata how it wants to credentials to be secured
	6.	It should be possible for the portal to pass end user
personal data  to the portlet in a secure manner.
	7.	The portlet  should have a  means of describing in it's
metadata how it wants personal data to be secured

Secure Transmission of data:
	1.	should be possible to use a secure transport for
portal/portlet communication
	2.	should be possible to use document encryption to secure data
exchange between portal and portlet

Access Control:
		1.	does there need to be support for differentiation of
access based on actions that are intended for end-user invocation versus
administrator invocation?