Subject: RE: [wsrp][wsia][wsrp-wsia joint interfaces][Draft Spec 0.43]Terminology

For me, both ID and Handle indicate an opaque reference ... key would be
the one that raises ideas of persistence (aka database keys). I do agree
that common uses of ID have durations that range from single-use to
persistent. Is this a problem for people? Any other suggestions?

                      "Eilon Reshef"
                      <eilon.reshef@webc        To:       Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS,
                      ollage.com>                <wsia@lists.oasis-open.org>, <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                cc:
                      05/22/2002 10:04          Subject:  RE: [wsrp][wsia][wsrp-wsia joint interfaces][Draft Spec
                      PM                         0.43] Terminology

Rich,

Wouldn't you tend to think that "ID" hints towards persistence and "Handle"
hints towards transience and not vice-versa?

Eilon