Subject: Re: [wsrp] [wsrp-wsia] [change request #245] UserScope and caching

Title:
I've overlooked the consumerUserScopes element in the RegistrationData. I withdraw the change request.

Alejandro

Rich Thompson wrote:

The more general statement is that this relaxation is only appropriate if we are confident that the "perUser" scope is a proper subset of the semantics of all interesting scopes that are likely to be defined. I doubt this is true and therefore favor the statement as it currently is in the spec.

Another view on this is that since the Consumer explicitly tells the Producer what userScopes it supports, the Portlet/Producer specifying a different userScope is explicitly stopping the caching of the markup and might be notifying the Consumer of an interest in a particular userScope (presuming reasonable logging is happening).

Rich Thompson

Andre Kramer <andre.kramer@eu.citrix.com>

03/24/2003 07:10 AM