Subject: RE: [wsrp] [wsrp-wsia] [change request #249] Class name length impact onperformance

We agreed to think over the next week about shorter CSS class names while preserving clarity of meaning. Here is our current set of class names:

portlet-font
portlet-font-dim
portlet-msg-status
portlet-msg-info
portlet-msg-error
portlet-msg-alert
portlet-msg-success
portlet-section-header
portlet-section-body
portlet-section-alternate
portlet-section-selected
portlet-section-subheader
portlet-section-footer
portlet-section-text
portlet-table-header
portlet-table-body
portlet-table-alternate
portlet-table-selected
portlet-table-subheader
portlet-table-footer
portlet-table-text
portlet-form-label
portlet-form-input-field
portlet-form-button
portlet-icon-label
portlet-form-field-label
portlet-form-field
portlet-menu
portlet-menu-item
portlet-menu-item-selected
portlet-menu-item-hover
portlet-menu-item-hover-selected
portlet-menu-cascade-item
portlet-menu-cascade-item-selected
portlet-menu-description
portlet-menu-caption
wsrp-apply
wsrp-cancel
wsrp-ok
wsrp-reset
wsrp-previous
wsrp-next

(It has been proposed these last 7 change to using the "portlet-" prefix).

First thing I would note is that changing to the camel casing we use everywhere else would shorten these by about 2 characters on average.

As Alejandro noted, the "portlet-" could be shortened ... "p-" is a bit too short for me, but "ptl-" might be enough.

Rich Thompson