Subject: RE: [wsrp] [wsia] New Spec version

Rich,

Here are some things I noticed on scanning the (0.93) wsdl. Let's have a
wrsp-webservices call on Wed to discuss. Also, if we have time, we could
also go over the proposed charter for this subgroup on the call (see
attached message for proposed charter and this message's end for call
details).

regards,
Andre

1. We still have the actionTemplate and secureActionTemplate element in the
Template element (wsrp_v1_types.xsd).

2. [R] UpdateResponse.navigationalState
We decided to make the nav state nillable?
It is still required in spec and minOccurs="1" (by default) in
wsrp_v1_types.xsd.

3. <element name="methodGetSupported" type="xsd:boolean" default="false" />
Everywhere else we add a minOccurs="0" if we have a default. Let's add it
here too.

4. <attribute name="portletHandle" type="string" use="required"/> in
DestroyFailed.
Using an attribute decides the rules for encoding a portlet handle as a
string! Suggest we consider making this an element (only changes
wsrp_v1_types.xsd not the spec).

5. <element name="desiredLocales" type="xsd:string" nillable="true"
maxOccurs="unbounded" />
This is just wierd, as one can legally send the following:
<request> <desiredLocales isnil="true"/> <desiredLocales isnil="true"/>
<desiredlLocales>ga</desiredlocales> ... </request>

6. Need to remove the comment on ModelDescription's ref="xsd:schema" from
wsrp_v1_types.wsdl

7. In Chapter 14, we never say what our URIs are:
urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types
urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:intf
urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:bind
Maybe we should add a comment to the wsdl?

WSRP Description and Transport Issues
Wednesdays, 7 am PST / 10 am EST / 4 pm CET, 1 hour
US dial in #: 1.888.481.3032
International Dial in #: 1.617.801.9600
Participant Passcode: 28614774 (you will be asked for your name)
UK 0800 904 7961
D 0800 1813856

This is a timely reminder that we do not yet have a charter for
wsrp-webservice.

Up to now (and until post-1.0) this group has been meeting informally (when
required) to discuss our WSDL. When we kick off our new work we should
discuss the following proposed charter:

WSRP Description and Transport Issues
mailing list: wsrp-webservice@lists.oasis-open.org
chair: Andre Kramer
Proposed Charter
Mapping of new WSRP operation (or factors) to WSDL
(Continue to) evaluate our Web Service description and its impact on common
Web Stacks
Bindings to SOAP and other Transports
Leverage attachments mechanisms for large fragments and binary content
SOAP and transport security
[suggestions welcome.]

regards,
Andre