Subject: RE: [wsrp-interop] Groups - ibm-setup-description.doc uploaded

Richard,

I was able to do some informal first tests today:

1) http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8080/wsrp/charon/ says:
"The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke! targetService is
null"

the actual access points appear to be:
http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8080/wsrp/charon/WSRPServiceDescriptionService
http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8080/wsrp/charon/WSRPBaseService
http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8080/wsrp/charon/WSRPRegistrationService
http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8080/wsrp/charon/WSRPPortletManagementService

2) As the setup note says, the returned service description states
registrationRequired==true but advice is: don't try to register. [This is
inconvenient as we would normally try to register if the factor is defined.]

3) requiresInitCookie is "perGroup" but the initCookie operation results in:
	- an internal error if I pass in a null registration context
	- an InvalidRegistrationFault if I make up my own handle
So maybe I should register after all? Let's see ...

3b) After registration and initCookie, I get the following markup string
element from getMarkup (for portletHandle 0.3):

 <markupString>Error occured while invoking portlet service!</markupString>

So that's valid markup .NET to Axis SOAP over the Web!

Also,

4) I noted that exceptions are in the Axis namespace, e.g.:

 <ns2:exceptionName
xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">oasis.names.tc.wsrp.v1.types.Invalid
CookieFault</ns2:exceptionName>

I expected our wsrp namespace and a "Interface." or "Security." prefix.
Something like:

 <ns2:exceptionName xmlns:ns2="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v1:types">
Interface.InvalidCookieFault</ns2:exceptionName>

5)  The producer (Axis) does not serve up its wsdl using:
http://wsrp.dyndns.org:8080/wsrp/services/WSRPBaseService?wsdl
[good for debug e.g. sorting out problem 1.]

That's as far as I got.
regards,
Andre