Subject: Re: [wsrp] [errata #22] Caching of preferredTitle

I do not think this is something we need to prescribe. A reasonable Consumer is going to cache this in order to be able to display it when directly retrieving the markup from its cache. Portlets may want to refresh this value separately from the markup, but I would expect most to leave it unchanged when updating the cacheControl for the Consumer.

Rich Thompson

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

05/21/2003 12:16 PM